Sometimes the Taxpayer is not sure how much Tax(TDS) is being deducted from his Income. A Taxpayer can verify his details of Tax Deductions by logging-in into the Income Tax website. This details are available in the form of Tax Credit Statement(Form 26AS).
Tax deduction details are filed quarterly and can take upto 1-2 week of time to reflect in Form 26AS after filing of TDS returns by deductors.
A Taxpayer can verify all taxes deducted, taxes paid or other transaction reported in his PAN and Form 26AS. If there is any mismatch(e.g. tax deducted but not shown in Form 26AS), same can be intimated to concerned persons to rectify same.
You may follow below steps to view/download of Tax Credit Statement :
- Login to Income Tax Department’s website. Click here to visit login page
- Go to My Account menu and select View Form 26AS(Tax Credit) as shown in below image
- A notice will be shown stating that you will be redirected to other website. Click on Continue Button to proceed.
- Select tick mark for “I agree to the usage and acceptance of Form 16 / 16A generated from TRACES” as shown in below image :
- Click on View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) as shown in image, select Assessment Year and click on View / Download button to view your Tax Credit Details for the selected assessment year.
- You can select PDF in View as dropdown to download Form 26AS in PDF. Password to open downloaded PDF File is ddmmyyyy of Date of Birth of Taxpayer.
Lastly, you are suggested to view your Form 26AS before filing your Income-tax Return, so that you do not miss any income/tax deduction in the return of Income.